Thursday 12 June 2014

90% Welps

Knowing people is a key component of extracting enjoyment from EVE. It baffles me that there are people who play an MMO just to do missions and acquire the shinies and not explore the multiplayer aspect. Multiplayer games became a thing with Quake, Descent, Counterstrike and Half Life because of PVP and player interactions.

True, most games are multiplayer these days, just like most card games are not Solitaire. So it is interesting, as an aside, that you may be a friendless nerd in your basement Fortress of Solitude, doing your nerdy shit, and not realising that you really should make contacts because it will increase your enjoyment of the game you pay money for.

Aspies, I guess.

First thing I did yesterday when I logged in was spot some interlopers on d-scan. When they were dead, I had my second coffee and probed out the hole.

Getting back on topic, we've had a lot of Transient wormholes the last few days, and yesterday it was a lowsec K162 which led me out to Gusandall and a "Hey TF!"in local the moment I jumped out.

So I ended up taking the HRAPE guys out for a wee roam up from Gusandall to Auga, bagging a couple of shiny kills. Of interest was the Corax vs Breacher, because we all realise how shit the Corax is, so I was amazeballs that I won by 30% structure while mistakenly shoosting Kinetic (always a bad choice vs Breacher). or won at all. Seriously, the Corax needs a buff, severely, but here's my fit:

[Corax, Whoreaxe]

Damage Control II
Co-Processor II

1MN Microwarpdrive I
Medium Ancillary Shield Booster
Warp Disruptor II
Limited Adaptive Invulnerability Field I

Rocket Launcher II, Scourge Javelin Rocket
Rocket Launcher II, Scourge Javelin Rocket
Rocket Launcher II, Scourge Javelin Rocket
Rocket Launcher II, Scourge Javelin Rocket
Rocket Launcher II, Scourge Javelin Rocket
Rocket Launcher II, Scourge Javelin Rocket
Rocket Launcher II, Scourge Javelin Rocket

Small Rocket Fuel Cache Partition I
Small Rocket Fuel Cache Partition I
Small Rocket Fuel Cache Partition I

The key is that, firstly, you're a Corax. You run away. Second, the fuel cache rigs give your Javs 32km range; use the range to surprise buttsex people who, like the Breacher, think they can web you down and get to range (+15km) to escape your rockets while their drones finish you off. Sorry, son, not happening.

Anyway, second digression done, the HRAPE guys told me there was a guy who lives in Gusandall by the name of Daemon Gr who would "undock anything on anything and try to gank it".

So, 4-5 hours after they all sign out, Archieteuthis Rex reports a Vigilant on the hole in lowsec. So of course, out comes SS Planet Dollaz, and I begin baiting. Problem is, he's not taking the bait at the POCO, so I dock up under the theory he will do docking games.

So, plan B. I dock with him, and when I undocked, he shot. I docked, and undocked again after 20s, expecting he'd be docked. No, he was in fact, attempting to tank the station guns and was halfway through armour. So I of course start shooting, and he re-aggroes. Hammertime.

I went down, but due to the re-aggro, so did the Vigilant. Womp womp, I'll welp for 90% ISK efficiency and earn 13.9M bounties for all in fleet any day of the week.

Then we found a way to nullsec and actually managed to murder 3 of 4 NA miners in a belt. 

All in all a productive day....just don't tell the wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous shitposting is disabled. If you want to insult me anonymously about EVE on my blog, you can fuck off.