Friday 2 May 2014

Flight of the SS Planet Dollaz

Baiting is a skill. The lads at Swift Angels are getting good at it, but if I don't say so myself, I can thread a worm on a hook pretty damn well.

I got a secret Nereus fit off Johnny Twelvebore and tried it out a few days ago, where it pproved successful; it required not one, but two Deimos to break its tank. So when the weekly MATE roam out of Stacmon was scheduled to be shield cruisers, and this means Scythes, I of course offered to be bait. I strapped in to my Nereus, named Planet Dollaz, and went ahead of the fleet.

We started out by heading to Tama. Enroute a flashy Gnosis was sitting on gate as I landed and jumped. I followed and held cloak, just like a shitscared industrial pilot would. When I decloaked I burned for him - he was at zero on the gate, as you would be. Naturally he started shooting, and naturally, Planet Dollaz being how she is, he got me down to 95% shield. I got point and web, and called in the boys. Bazinga, one dead pirate.

We then got hotdropped by a  Covops cyno-equipped Falcon and its gang of T3's. Of course, it was our own fault for shoosting the Falcon when he "accidentally" decloaked. However, as far as it goes, the Falcon made a boo-boo, because he died and we only lost 2 Scythes. 180M vs 50M is still a good haul, especially added to the 84M Gnosis. Of course, in all of this, I was not pointed. Not that the anaemic DPS of a small covops gang would really have taken down Planet Dollaz before I jumped.

So, on we went; several more things died on gates, but my pathetic lock time and slugggish maneuverability prevented both my death and whoring abilities.

The fleet got engaged by an armour gang in Heydieles and lost a few ships, so we toook a WH detour to Wicked Creek, and scuttled away from a Talos fleet, ending up in Minnie FW space.

Planet Dollaz was deployed, but people's d-scanning ability is shit, and their plexing alts are so focused on orbiting button that no one took bait at the planets. So I did what you never do in an Industrial.

I had found my way to Kourmonen and cross-jumped a 4 man gang; Omen, Scythe Fleet, Loki and Omen navy. They somehow didn't quite get the idea of Nereus bait, soo when I found them again in Sosala and it was only the Omen and Scythe Fleet on gate, I approached the Omen, locked it up and went suspect. I tanked the gate guns and both cruisers long enough to get the fleet through the gate, and we claimed the scalp of the Omen. We nearly got the Scythe Fleet as well, but no webs.

After losing a fight vs an industrial, those boys were angry. They came back for us and we took the fight on Ossoggur gate, in Amamake. This turned out to be the end-of-night welp; we downed a Vexor and Scythe Fleet for basically everything except a Stabber and the Nereus.

I think the problem here was that the fleet got wing-warped to 20km, and that included our logistic cruisers. The Tempest pilot did very well - he DPS'ed one and neuted the other flat, resulting in a classic split of the logi.

The other problem was that our Scythes were fit shittily. MSE's on a Scythe? Son, I am disappoint. No prop mod? Son, I am disappoint (though, to be fair, this dude's first time flying logi).

The purpose of logistics cruisers is to rep, not to be DPS boats. You need mobility, and to be honest, Scythes are very mobile with a MWD.
This fit is what they should have been flying, and getting out to 50km range ASAP (if not, ideally, warping in 50km from the fleet...just saying). Do it right, and you are an asset to the fleet. Be a propless, gutless punching bag...well.

[Scythe, DDA]

Capacitor Power Relay II
Damage Control II
Power Diagnostic System II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Experimental 10MN Microwarpdrive I
Cap Recharger II
Large Shield Extender II

Medium S95a Remote Shield Booster
Medium S95a Remote Shield Booster
Medium S95a Remote Shield Booster

Medium Processor Overclocking Unit I
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I


Hobgoblin II x1
Hammerhead II x4


No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous shitposting is disabled. If you want to insult me anonymously about EVE on my blog, you can fuck off.